Saturday, January 5, 2013

Winter fun

What??? Two blog posts in the same week?? Yes, you can tell when I am still on winter break.  Just a few more precious, very precious days left.

I thought I would take this ppportunity to post some fun pictures from the end of 2012.

First up we have fun with laundry...that is laundry that is not theirs:

P1040883 Here is Kimi fully decked out in her older brothers' clothes (yes that is a pair of shorts she is wearing as pants)

Then we have Monkey boy doing a little dance with some fancy pants

P1040884

LB is the ultimate laundry thief, but he opted just for socks P1040889

The next series of pictures shows what the triplets did on a day after it had rained.  I told them they could get as dirty as they wanted...this once.  I told them to splash and play in the puddles.  Problem is, we live on sand, so most of the puddles vanished overnight.  So remember that I actually GAVE permission for them to get dirty.  The triplets.  The messmakers. They were allowed to get dirty.  Here's what happened.

Here's LB putting on two different shoes, not sure either are his...

P1040964

They managed to find one decent puddle, but do you see what they did? They pushed up their pant legs so they wouldn't get dirty!!! Huh???? Who are these beings and what happened to my children???

P1040965

LB thinks the whole thing is hilarious.  Check out the rock that Monkey boy is about to drop into the puddle.  Only by the grace of God did that not come into contact with toes.

P1040966

They had lots of fun in that small puddle.  That is, as long as there was water in it.

P1040968

This is a very dejected Monkey boy asking, "What happened to all the water?"

P1040974

It was really amazing to see how clean they were getting dirty.  They had lots of fun anyway!

P1040972 P1040973 P1040971

P1040975 We have a tradition of making gingerbread houses every year, so this year we got to introduce LB to our yearly event.  I specifically told anyone within earshot to not give LB his gingerbread house until I explained what we were doing.  Apparently that fell on deaf ears, and LB promptly flattened his house (mind you, each house is made from scratch and painstakingly put together). We dubbed his creation, "Hurricane Sandy."

Here are pictures of the pros and their creations:




P1040977 P1040983 P1040984 P1040987 P1040989

After Monkey boy had eaten all the candy off his house, this is what he did to it.  We called this piece of art "Annihilation"

P1040990<
Okay, this has nothing to do with gingerbread houses.  This is what happens when you tell a child to "lay out his pajamas."  He lays down with his pajamas.  I guess we still have a few language issues to iron out. 


P1040991

No comments:

Post a Comment