Saturday, January 26, 2013

Can you help a brother out?

Monkey boy was never destined to be the youngest in the family.  I knew from the time that he was a wee babe, that he would be an absolute tyrant if he remained the youngest in the family.  So it is a good thing that he is an older brother, even if he's only older by three months.

He definitely looks at LB as his younger brother and often tries to bail him out of situations.  Here is one example:

Here is LB with a guitar stuck on his head P1050194

As you can see, he has the strap twisted around and so cannot get the guitar off himself. P1050195
Enter Monkey boy, looking concerned and being told not to take the guitar off LB as he needs to do it himself (with our coaching of course) P1050196

Finally, Monkey boy can't stand it anymore. He doesn't actually take it off, but he motions (in apparently a much more effective manner than his mom) how to untwist it. LB achieves success. P1050197

And here are the first attempts to show you video. All the videos are super short as when we took them we thought we had a limit of 20 seconds. Turns out we have 90 seconds. Oh well.

This first video is of Monkey boy who devised this cool ride using a Rubbermaid bin and a slide (sorry, the only way to show you the video is to link to our Flickr page) http://www.flickr.com/photos/froisies/8404928310/

This clip is of LB trying to get into a bin that "is not working"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/froisies/8418761794/

This video is of Monkey boy helping his brother out

http://www.flickr.com/photos/froisies/8403841451/

In the last blog entry, I talked about putting LB into a bouncy thing to see if he'd jump.  Here is video of that: http://www.flickr.com/photos/froisies/8396997968/

We also put Monkey boy in it  http://www.flickr.com/photos/froisies/8395912967/

This video is just plain silly.  Be sure you can hear the music Monkey boy is playing for the full effect  http://www.flickr.com/photos/froisies/8397019860/

Both my big boys had birthdays recently. Here's Bob with his Ninjago cake that I made
P1050117

D's birthday was the day after we had a "The Hobbit" party. At the party I made two cakes, one is "the one ring to rule them all" (point of fact, it can't really be cut as it is in the picture), the other is "Sting" the Elven blade. P1050111

I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I have been asked if I have two sets of twins - the older boys and the younger boys. The older boys, okay, I get that. But these two? P1050122 It only looks like Monkey boy is substantially taller than LB. They're actually much closer in height. And look at this act of love...Monkey boy has the infamous "dot blankie" around his little bro!

I snapped these two pictures the other night. I had to document that Monkey boy does stay still at times.  The first picture is LB, probably trying to hide the fact that he's sucking his fingers which is a no-no (bad overbite): P1050202



P1050201 By the way, that other monkey in the picture has an unusual name. When Monkey boy received it, we asked what its name should be. We're thinking "Curious George" or "monkey." Nope, he responded with "Citizen." Yeah, he's a different kid, but we all know that don't we? P1050172

Here is that different kids playing "guitar" with one of those Fandex cards of the states. Arkansas is the neck. He knew it was Arkansas. I don't know how he knew, but he knew.


P1050193

 The other day he was picking up some small scraps of paper on the floor and he said, "Oh look, it's Oklahoma!" You be the judge...(I actually mounted the scrap of paper to the green piece so it wouldn't get lost. I put the penny there so you can see how small the scrap really
was.) P1050209

The most quotable quote of the week was from Monkey boy:
 "I burped in my pants.  God designed me to do that."

1 comment:

  1. Never a dull moment with the Froisies! I'm thinking that no matter how many more kids you add to your family, MB will always have baby of the family traits- he just loves attention and is such a smart and funny guy.

    ReplyDelete