We were on the bus ready to leave and our guide was collecting passports. I had three bags with me, but knew I had put it in one particular backpack. I went through said backpack several times, then checked the other bags just in case. The others on the bus were trying so hard to be supportive "Did you see it this morning?" "Where did you have it last?" but they were probably rolling their eyes saying, "Are you serious??? She can't find her passport??? Looooooseeeeerrrrrr!" Okay, maybe they weren't really saying that because they are all very nice people. I was just feeling like a major loser. Finally I just prayed out loud for God to help me find it, and lo and behold, there it was. I had looked in one of the pockets but hadn't seen it. This time I stuck my hand in and there it was (actually it was there they were as I had Sissy's too). The delay was probably only about 5 minutes (according to Pam who was showing herself to be a true friend by telling me that instead of calling me a loser), but it seemed to last forever.
We made it to the airport. We had to walk through this gate to catch a bus to our airplane, then climbed aboard on the tarmac.

Once up in the air, I had this gnawing feeling in my stomach. At first I thought it was remnant panic from my passport fiasco. Then I realized that that feeling was pure unadulterated fear. Not of crashing or anything related to our flight. It was the fear of becoming a mom two more times.

I pushed that fear aside once we landed because we had a lot of things to do to prepare for tomorrow. One of those things was to go to Wal-Mart (yes they have those here) and get some snacks for the girls (by the way, someone joked that it would be funny to find American goods there since everything at Wal-Mart back home is made in China.). This Wal-Mart was like no other I've ever seen. One whole floor was electronics and seemed to go on forever.

Food stuff was on the second floor, and that was pretty impressive. After all, do you think they sell this at your local Wal-Mart?

Pam called it the "pick of the chicks."
We almost got lost again, and that was in getting out of that Wal-Mart. I was looking for envelopes and we gave up trying to find anything even remotely resembling paper goods. We decided that, since it was dark outside by now, we'd better leave. It took a while to find the right exit, and a little confusion once we got outside, but we were able to make the walk back to the hotel.
So how's this for a reality check? I came back from the bank where I had to exchange a whole lot of money and found this. Well, almost this, I added the blankets.

This is the last night those girls will be without a family. Less than 12 hours from now I'll leave to go get them. The next time you see those cribs they will be full. Now that will be something to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment