Monday, May 6, 2013

This is how we....

Yes, it has been a while.  Things are busy.  Much must be done.  Laundry never ends.  Children must be fed.  No news on adoptions.  So here you have a series of pictures showing how we......

P1050364
...do our own hair

P1050365
...try to look threatening with hairbands on our wrist that are cutting off the circulation

P1050311
...wear our pants

P1050294
...wear brand new clothes

P1050370
...look menacing (I would be scared of this trio, wouldn't you?)

P1050341
...improve our eyesight

P1050299
...silence Bob (M and K did this to him...he was a willing participant of course)

P1050290
...Have fun with the stickers you take off new clothes.

P1050292


P1050284
...imitate what Bob's hair looks like in the mornng

P1050316
...try to itch our nose without using hands


P1050309
...try to make a rectangle out of all the Sunday paper advertisements

P1050319
,,,have a normal school day...dogpiling the oldest child

P1050375
...catch D's fervor for "Ironman"



P1050374



 
P1050371
...hypnotize people...are you geting sleeeeeeeeepy?????
 
 
.....get a reality check.  We were out with some friends for lunch and I watched my friend Michelle wrangle her three little ones.  She has a 5, 3, and a wee one.  While we were waiting for our food the two older ones were asking for a snack (at the same time of course) and the wee one was wanting something...just not what was given to him.  It was one of those "arrrrrrgh!!!" moments, but Michelle handled it beautifully.  It was particularly tough because the littlest one was both tired and hungry...bad combination.  As Michelle was trying to entertain him, an utterly ridiculous thought crossed my mind.  I thought, "Wow, I am so glad to be past this stage." As I was inwardly congratulating myself on this, I asked Michelle's hubby (who was now on toddler duty) how old their youngest was.  He smiled (I think he might have heard me congratulating myself in my mind) and said, "13 months."  I gasped and turned to James as the reality of it all set in.  Oh yeah, we have a 15 month and 21 month old waiting for us.  Congratulations indeed, we have seen the future...and it's frightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment