Sunday, March 17, 2013

Bubble bubble, triplets and trouble

I thought I'd share what the triplets have been up to lately.  They have been thoroughly enjoying being outside with this nice weather.  Here they are being "tow trucks."

IMG_0549


Because they're outside so much, they get really really dirty really really often.  They don't mind since the result is "mini-pool" time (aka the bath).  I never really understood why some parents have to bribe their kids with fancy bath toys to get them to take baths.  Our kids have always loved them.  Maybe it's because you can make some cool hair styles in the bath:

IMG_0405 IMG_0403 IMG_0480

Whatever the case, the triplets seem to find a lot of reasons for taking a bath.

This is what happens when you get too close to your bowl of potato soup

P1050248

This is what happens when you try to "help" your mom cook when she steps out of the kitchen for a moment:

IMG_0492

This is what happens when you try to make a slide out of a board and a pool ladder:



P1050244

You get a bath out of it and then, when Mom steps away to get washcloths, you give the bath soap a little squeeze into the tub.  You get bubbles, lots and lots of bubbles.  And bubbles are lots of fun:

IMG_0551 IMG_0557 IMG_0552 IMG_0555

I'd say they are doing their Santa Claus imitation, but they don't know who he is.  Recently, Kimi saw a picture of SC in a book with his flying reindeer and asked, "Who that? Why they flying?"  Then just today, in a video, they saw SC again carrying his bag of toys.  LB asked, "He bring the mail?"  My kids are so deprived.

So, what else have they been up to? Kimi was sick a few weeks ago and stayed home from church with Mom.  As soon as everyone left for church, she stood at the door, slumped her shoulders and said, "I want my _______ (Monkey Boy)."  I took out some paints (which after cleaning up remembered why I don't take them out more often) and that girl painted for three hours!  Here she is with two of her creations:

IMG_0479  Our kids tend to "do sick" a little differently than others. 

We have been trying to get LB to stop sucking his fingers as he is developing a bad overbite.  This was his father's solution:

IMG_0490  I made the bad move of having him take them off after nap.  I think before that, it didn't occur to him that he could do it.Subsequently, I caught him, mittens off, using his fingers as a pacifier. Busted!

Monkey Boy (MB) absconded with his dad's pajama bottoms.

P1050251 Here he is making mini computers out of his tangrams pieces. IMG_0398 IMG_0397

Yes, we do have some crazy times around here.  But we also have times like these:



P1050256

We leave with this funny question of the week:

Kimi: Was I sleeping in your tummy?
Me: No babe, you slept in someone else's tummy.
Kimi: (after thinking for a few seconds) Was I was sleeping in Daddy's tummy????

No comments:

Post a Comment