My future in the blogosphere is looking up, however. For one, blogger has changed things and I can once again load pictures directly onto the blog, instead of having to use Flickr. In addition, we officially ended our school year on Friday, so I'll have all the time in the world now to blog. I mean, in between cooking, and cleaning, and changing diapers, and refereeing, and erasing pencil off the wall (yep, we have another generation of taggers), and finding shoes, and doing laundry, and... well, you get the picture. I have good intentions. Let's leave it at that. I will say I am bound and determined (because you can't be one without the other) to finish this post today. (this is finally getting posted three days after I made that statement).
So how's the clan? Well, we just had our six month post placement visit for the girls, and Malachi's two year post placement visit. Time has flown by and life is busy, but very very good.
This post will be mostly about the girls because it is their turn to have the spotlight (goodness knows how many posts were devoted to the wonder twins, remember them?).
These girls are nothing short of amazing. It is very hard to believe that just six months ago they were Chinese citizens with no siblings and no parents. Then they got a momma and really didn't like her. Remember when I was the no good very bad "Chinese" mama? I'm happy to report that I really am the mama now, the recipient of both hugs and drama (though I keep telling them, "Your mama don't want your drama." Perhaps they just don't like bad grammar, because they give it to me anyway). I give a lot of credit to my other children for helping the girls see me as more than just the food lady.
The girls' personalities are definitely more pronounced. Naomi is the sweet older sister type, who also has passive aggressive tendencies (like refusing to eat her fruits and veggies, yes, we are still dealing with that issue). When the girls get into trouble for something, I have a strong suspicion that Lydia is the ring leader. I think Naomi is the Ethel to Lydia's Lucille Ball. Here they are getting into shampoo.
Dumping their oldest sister into the Pack and Play
And attempting a great escape.
The following was a Facebook post that will give you a good understanding of the difference between the girls.
This little one is a force with which to be reckoned. Here she is locked in combat with Gabriel, who thought is was funny until she felled him with a "strategic blow."
I thought that was funny until she broke the first rule of engagement ...(don't hit your mother) and I received a hit to the rear (do not EVEN make a comment about an easy target). Micah thought that was funny until she set her sights on him and gave chase.
Malachi, well Malachi pretty much just stood there and let her hit him (while yelling "She is hitting me!!!!"). I guess he's a pacifist. There's always one in the family
And here's Naomi, seeming to say, "I'm the innocent one."
Well, I think I'll end this post here for fear it will be another three days before I actually hit the "publish" button. By the way, I don't know what happened to the pictures on the last several posts, I blame Flickr. Until next time!




No comments:
Post a Comment